Saturday, November 15, 2014

Justice Mayweather


I’ve just met my friend Melvin. He’s average height, mixed, a body and neck full of tattoos, and beautiful hair. His family was involved in the drug world, and lived an extravagant lifestyle. I met Melvin in my friend’s neighborhood, and we had some of the same friends. We kicked it everywhere and all of the time…even once got caught out late by the police.

It’s been a while now…Melvin and I have been spending a lot of time together, and he becomes attractive to me…

and vice versa.

I’ve just gotten kicked out of my mom’s house, and I could care less. I wasn’t going to beg to be able to come back home, so I was staying with a few friends. I was 18 at the time.

I’m texting Melvin, and he says he wants to see me. I tell him that he can come pick me up from my friend’s house. I’m standing outside and he pulls up in an all-black Camaro. I get in and wave goodbye to my friend…she knows where I’m going.
 


We pull up in front of Melvin’s house. I’m nervous as hell…being that I hate meeting parents. I walk in and his mom is sitting at the table watching television. I speak to her, “Hi! I’m Justice!” …his mom didn’t respond to me. I began to get uncomfortable.

We proceed to walk up the stairs, and we walk by one of his siblings…a female. I speak to her, and she doesn’t speak back to me.

I knew my visit with Melvin was not going to end too well.

Melvin and I are now lying in the bed watching a movie, and all of sudden someone starts calling his name. He mutes the television, and begins to listen closely. I thought it was his mother; was I not allowed in his room with the door closed? Someone then begins to knock on the door…the knocks soon become heavy pounding. Melvin then jumps out of the bed, and runs to the door. The pounding continues and Melvin starts to push against the door, so that the door wouldn’t open. The pounding on the door becomes kicks, and before you know it, the door was kicked in.
 
 
This girl comes running towards me! I immediately jump up to fight the girl and defend myself. My mind is blank, and the only thing I can think about is, “Beat this girl’s ass!”

The mattress is on the floor, and everything that WAS on Melvin’s dresser is now on the floor. He’s trying to break the fight up, and he finally gets me and the girl apart. I look towards the door and his mother and siblings are all watching and smiling. The girl, who I was fighting, is steadily trying to fight again, and I’m just ready to go home.

Why was this happening to me? Who was this girl? …and why did she want to fight me?

…I had no idea what was going on! But I knew I was tired of life, and ready to go back to my friend’s house.  
 
 
I get my belongings together, and I check the mirror to make sure my face looks fine. I ask Melvin to take me home, and I begin to walk towards the car. We both put on our seatbelts, and he begins to try and explain. I was so tired of men by the age of 18, so I was not trying to hear anything he had to say. I asked him to drop me off down the street, and I walked the rest of the way to my friend’s house.

Come to find out…the girl who I was fighting with was Melvin’s pregnant girlfriend. I didn’t know anything about her, and apparently she knew nothing about me. Melvin’s sister called her while she was away at work, and she came to his mom’s house when she found out I was there.  Melvin had a girlfriend the ENTIRE time, and the bad thing about it is…she was living with him and his family at the time.

Melvin continued to try to communicate with me, but I knew that it wasn’t worth my time. I mean, who wants to have to deal with doors being kick in, and fighting all of the time? The entire time he lied to me about NOT having a girlfriend, and I never knew that he was expecting a baby.
 
I learned that a man will lie, lie, and lie…and will lie again if you let him. I also learned that if a MOTHER does not acknowledge you in her house…get out! LOL! If I would have left when I noticed the rudeness, then I probably would have avoided a fight. But hey, we all have to live and learn!

-Justice
"You're going to go through tough times - that's life. But I say, 'Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.' See the positive in negative events." -Joel Osteen

No comments:

Post a Comment