Saturday, November 15, 2014

Stripper Lifestyle


I’m struggling on my own and I am at a very low point in my life! I’m trying my best to not have to borrow money from my mom nor dad. I need fast money, and I need it now.

What faster way to get money? …dance.

It runs in my family, and I’m not oblivious to the “stripper world”. I went to the strip club all the time with my male friends, and I viewed it as art. It’s pretty cool, with the exception of taking my clothes off in front of everyone. Mandy is a stripper, and she makes a lot of money.


I need a job, and I need it quick.

I have known Mandy since high school; we’re 20 now. She has multiple purses, shoes, a nice car, and plenty of money left over. I’m wondering; how is she getting all of this money? The money was coming in too fast to be legit money from a job. I need to know what she’s doing.

I get on Instagram and Mandy has posted some new pictures. I notice the lockers in the background on a few of her pictures, so I know she’s dancing in a strip club. I instantly leave my phone number on a comment on one of Mandy’s pictures; I also tell her to call or text me. I want in on the money…
 
Mandy calls me, and I begin to whisper; I don’t want anyone knowing that I plan on stripping. She calls her boss, the owner of the strip club, on 3-way. He doesn’t know that I’m on the phone also; he begins to talk about his “sexual” business involving Mandy. She interrupts him, embarrassed, and explains that I’m on the phone. Mandy tells her boss that she has a new potential worker for him.

Boss Man then tells me that he has to see me before he hires me; I agree to meet with him. He explains to me that I’m supposed to have a license to dance…it’s a new law. He lets me know that the price for a license to dance is sort of high, but he will let me work in the club until I make the money. Illegal, I know right!

Well, Mandy has bought my bus ticket, and has arranged for another stripper to pick me up from the bus station. I’m nervous, but I’m ready to make some fast money to pay my bills.

I’m driving up the hill to get to my cousin’s apartment. My cousin is a stripper, and a professional with the dance moves. She has agreed to teach me everything that I need to know; from my first night dancing to the newest moves. I walk into the room, and it’s another stripper there as well…she’s there to teach me a few things also.
 
 
My cousin has bought me my first pair of dancing heels, and a new outfit to go along with it. She begins to ask me why I wanted to dance. I explain to her that I need the money for my bills, and for extra money. She tells me that she’s not surprised; some women in our family have done it, even her mom. She goes into the restroom, and comes back out a few minutes later. She has changed into one of her “dancing outfits”.

She turns on some music, and she begins to dance. She’s explaining to me at the same time what she is doing to her body, and tells me to do it also. She tells me to keep my face serious, and continues to show me different moves. She schools me and lets me know not to make friends in the strip club. She also tells me to be careful with whom I dance with on stage; some girls will steal your money bag when you’re not looking.

I never thought that I would be resorting to dancing for money, but I was ready. I had my outfits, my heels, and I was an expert at dancing after several lessons from my cousin. My cousin’s advice was, “Just take 2 shots before you start; smoke a blunt, and you’ll be okay!” I believed her…

And now I’m on the phone with the club owner. He has asked me to send in pictures, and he has hired me. I have officially been hired as a stripper at a strip club.

Mandy calls me, and asks me if I’m ready and packed up. I have everything together, but I have butterflies. I had to catch the bus since I was traveling to another state to dance; I didn’t want anyone at my school to see me.
 
 

I choked up, and I missed the first bus. Mandy schedules for me to catch another bus, and I’m nervous all over again!

…I can’t do it. I back out of the plan, and I tell Mandy that I just can’t do it!

I thank God for not allowing me to make it on the bus that day. Mandy ended up getting drugged by some random person, and she hasn’t been the same since!
 
 
They say everything happens for a reason… =)
 
-Justice
 
This is what I knew. This is MY life. This is MY story. 

"Nothing makes us more vulnerable than loneliness, except greed." -Thomas Harris

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment