Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Mr. Perfect =)


 
We have been friends since I was 18 years old. I met Michael in college my freshman year, and he has been by male best friend ever since. I remember the first time I saw Michael. I thought he was handsome, but too handsome to where I knew he was a hoe.

We’re at a mutual friend’s apartment and Michael has just pulled out a huge bag of weed; he asks if we want to smoke. Yes, of course. That was the last time that I saw Michael, until he showed up on my Facebook friend suggestions. *Click* …friend request has been sent! =)

Michael finally accepts my friend request, and I must say, he looked GREAT on his pictures. This was exactly what he looked like in person. He has a beautiful skin tone, gorgeous hair, tattoos, buff, and did I mention handsome already? That was Michael.

I’m in the club and I’m drunk as hell! I still look okay, but my walk is a little off. I’ve had more than a few drinks, and I can most definitely feel them. I’m walking towards the bathroom to get myself together because I’m pretty sure my eyeliner is on my cheek now. I walk through the double doors, and guess who I see?

Michael.

…and oh does he look amazing! Yet, I’m drunk as hell! Sucks, right?!

Well, the party is over and I notice Michael sitting to the side by himself. I decide to walk over and speak, since I have 5 gallons of liquid courage inside of me. I approach him, and made one of the biggest mistakes; I called him the wrong name.

“Hey Melvin!” …he tells me that I’ve called him the wrong name, but he lets me slide. I’m pretty sure he could tell I was under the influence, but I’m sure he understands that I am a sophomore in college.  I ask him for his number, and we exchange numbers. I tell him to text me; being that my friends are ready to go home.

I just know that I’m ready to see Michael again.

I’m in the car, and I’m texting Michael. He’s telling me that I can come over, but it’s 4 in the morning. I know he only wants one thing from me, but I decide to go over anyway. I mean, I’m in control of my body; I knew I wasn’t going to have sex with him. But what were his intentions?

I pull into Michael’s apartment complex, and I am so nervous. He’s so fine and handsome, and I had butterflies. The butterflies went away soon enough though, considering that I was still tipsy.

I get inside of the apartment, and I instantly fall in lust. He’s perfect, but I bet he’s a male whore.

We begin to watch television, and we start to catch up with each other. The last time I saw him was at our mutual friend’s house, and now I’m in his apartment. I couldn’t believe it! One minute we were talking, and the next minute we were knocked out sleep. The next morning I walked out of his apartment, and completed my “walk of shame”. I was still wearing my club dress, and stiletto heels.
 
 

That was only the start of our genuine friendship.

I have just been beaten up by my boyfriend, and the only person I can think to call next is Michael. I’m crying, sad, and down in every way…spiritually, physically, and mentally. I needed to vent and I needed much comfort; Michael was there.

He has let me come over to spend the night because I don’t want to be by myself. I rather joke, laugh, and forget the pain. Michael and I are smoking a blunt, and watching television. I’m having such a great time! The best part about it was…my mind was free from my baggage.
 
 

I have the munchies now, and I’m asking Michael to go get some Krispy Kreme donuts. He tells me no, and tells me to go buy my own. I’m accustomed to getting that treatment, so it didn’t bother me. They were just donuts. Time goes by and Michael begins to put his shoes on. He tells me that he will be right back, but didn’t tell me where he was going. For all I knew he was with some hoochie. I wouldn’t be surprised…he’s perfect.

I’m lying in the bed, and Michael finally comes through the door. He’s carrying a plastic bag, but he doesn’t say anything. He opens the bag, and it is a box of Krispy Kreme donuts inside. I was so happy! Not only because I had the munchies, but because it was the nicest thing that any male has done for me. I sat up in his bed, and he was sitting in his favorite chair. We demolished those Krispy Kreme donuts that night! LOL!
 
Michael and I continued to spend time together, but strictly as friends. I knew about his “girls” and he knew about the many “dogs” that I ran across. He knows about my rape, and he doesn't treat me any "different"; I'm normal to him.
Michael is 3 years older than me, so he would always give me knowledge on men; I just kept running into the wrong guys.

It’s August, and Michael’s lease is up. He needs somewhere to crash until he can move into his new apartment. He calls one day and asks me if he can stay with me for 2 weeks. Why not? He is my best friend, and he is always there for me. My answer to him was yes…

I had so much fun with him! I felt like I had a male roommate, and I actually loved it! He never tried to touch me nor hurt me, and that was a great feeling. We smoked together, chilled together, gossiped together, and I can honestly say he was my favorite roommate.
 
 

Michael has just gotten off from work, and he has bought me some weed. He rolls up, and I put a movie in. It’s a stand up comedian’s DVD, and I am laughing from it. I notice that I’m laughing too hard, and I stop instantly. I tell him that I’m sorry for laughing so hard.  Michael tells me, “It’s okay to laugh!” and he starts to smile! …his statement made me so happy. It felt great to be able to be myself. I was use to my ex-boyfriend telling me that I smiled too hard, and telling me to stop smiling. The verbal abuse was so bad that you could say I was brainwashed by him.

Now, I could laugh, giggle, and smile as hard as I wanted to. I noticed the difference, and it was a difference that I deserved.

At one point I asked Michael if “we” could ever turn into something. His answer was one of the greatest, and he earned so much respect from me. He tells me that he cares too much about me to hurt me…he doesn’t want to lie to me. He has girls, many, and I know it. He never lies to me about them nor hides them. He was someone that gave me honesty and truth…it was something a man never gave me.

I’m 22 years old now, and my lease to apartment is over. I ask Michael to help me move, and to keep my humongous, flat screen television until I move into my new apartment. Michael agrees, and he comes over to pick up the television. Michael has had the television for a while now. It has been about 2 months, and the last time that I checked on the television it was fine.

Michael has just texted me, and has told me that he has sold the television. I call him IMMEDIATELY, but he doesn’t answer the phone…he’s at work. I tell Michael to stop playing, but he’s reassuring me that the television is gone. His statements begin to piss me off, and before you knew it…I was calling Michael a “broke b*tch!” Yep, you read it right.

I was so tired of MEEEENNNN! The least that he could have done was give me some of the profit that he made from the television. Let’s just say…money never came up! I continued to curse at Michael, and I was so angry that I began to cry. I run out of my apartment, jump into my car, and I begin to speed to Michael’s apartment. I wasn’t going to let him screw me over! It was war!

I park my car outside of Michael’s apartment, and I begin to speed walk to his apartment door. I’m pounding on his front door, and I’m ready to beat his ass! How could he do this to me? He knows I love that television, and I wanted to mount it in my new apartment. I was going to KILL HIM!

There’s no answer at the door, and I’m pissed. I felt like someone flushed a million dollars down the toilet!

Michael finally calls me back laughing. He’s telling me that he was just playing, and that the television is in his room. I was pissed, but I started to feel so bad! How could I talk to him like that? I was degrading a GROWN MAN! A nice man, at that. He begins to ask me why I went off and cursed at him like that. I was angry, but angry wasn’t a good enough reason.

Michael then tells me, “I didn’t know you could get that mad!” …that’s because he never knew of the anger, and the pain that I was holding inside.
 
 

Michael, do you understand now? =)

I learned that all men are not the same. It took a while, but I finally saw it for myself. I learned that not every man just wants me for sex. Some men actually want a real friendship, and I’m blessed to have Michael as my best friend. I know that he will always be there for me, and I know that his heart is genuine. He teaches me so much, and I doubt he realizes it. I love him, and I’m thankful to have him. Without him, I probably wouldn’t have noticed what I really deserve from a man. He’s the best!

…and remember, THEY aren’t all the same =)
 
-Justice
"The good man is the man who, no matter how morally unworthy he has been, is moving to become better." -John Dewey

No comments:

Post a Comment